Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I am writing this as I sit next to my mom while she receives her second dose of chemotherapy. I have always been afraid of the thought or even the word chemotherapy, but as I watch my mom I am amazed at the peace and quite that surrounds us. My mom is amazing. Her pain is down from a 10+ last week to a 1 tonight. She is laughing and joking. We talk about grandchildren, sports, family, even gossip a bit about movie stars. I love this time with my mom. Thank you everyone for your love and support each day. My parents and us kids have awesome friends who are helping us all fight this battle. I guess I need to say thank you chemotherapy. Although you still scare me I am so thankful for fighting for my mom.
Love,
Amanda
Ps: The blue Christmas tree has left the building!

1 comment:

  1. I loved what you said about chemo Amanda. I have always been afraid of that word myself. I used to think that people received chemo in tube like a CT scan. I'm so happy that mom has the benefit of these drugs now. Love jenn

    ReplyDelete