Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tonight I spent a relaxing evening visiting with my mom and dad. When I walked in the room cheerful voices greeted me, we talked about the day and how everyone was. It was almost easy to forget why we were there. And then the sweet nurses came to check on my mom. Yep she has a fever, her hands and legs are still red from reactions to the chemo, small blisters are coming and going, a small mouth sore has manifested itself, achy body, etc, and I remember my mom is REALLY sick. And she is handling it all so gracefully. Even though she really was not feeling good AT ALL! If I could only handle the problems of my life with such grace...
 These are the bottles they have to fill with blood samples when my mom gets a fever, ALL of them, to check for bacteria or infection. CRAZY!
Even though my mom is sick her doctor is very happy with how well her body is handling all of her treatments. I see very clearly the Lords hand in this. It is one of many of our little, but really BIG miracles.


My mom and my ever faithful Dad

Going through this has really changed my perspective on humanity. It has truly opened my eyes to how GOOD people are. Not only does my mom have nurses, doctors and friends who have been such amazing angels to her, we as her family do too. Thank you for the phones calls, visits, for watching my children, for giving advice, the notes of encouragement, for praying, and fasting. The love and support has made me see how good people really are. Thank you for that.
Love,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I am amazed by you and your family's strength. What great examples you all are. I know personally your strength has lifted me many times. Thank you for being an amazing friend. You and your family are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete